The Aid Climbing Rant

Ok, I’ve been wanting to put this up for awhile, but finally just got around to getting it on YouTube. It originally came from Matt Lloyd’s site, relentlessclimbing.com, but the video was slow to load. So I took it and modified it, and now the whole world can enjoy this priceless tidbit of wisdom.

Chris Kalous gives it to us straight about hard aid climbing. Is it really that hard? scary? death-defying? Watch and find out.

And in case you are wondering, Kalous has the credentials to back this up, especially when it comes to hard aid in the desert. I mean, who falls on a RURP in the Fishers?

11 Responses to The Aid Climbing Rant

1. HAhaaaha – classic.

JG October 17, 2007 at 7:49 pm Reply
  2. Pingback: All Climbing » Climbing Video: Aid Climbing Rant

3. I loved this video!!! Chris took me up the East Buttress of El Cap a ways back and we ran into Singer at the top of the 9 hour ascent! It was the greatest experience of my life I wrote a book and dedicated two chapters to him! Called, Happy Days Healthy Living, I am Cathy Silvers…Jenny Piccolo of Happy Days TV series and I am an expert crack climber thanks to Chris Kalous! Chris is the BOMB!!! How do I reach Chris? Does he have a website or email or number…Peace, Cathy http://www.thehealthylivingshow.com

Cathy Silvers August 6, 2008 at 7:18 pm Reply
  4. Thanks Chris, best stuff I have read all year!

Dow Williams December 2, 2008 at 1:29 am Reply
  5. I’d say he’s exactly right! I agree with him 100%!

Mark Hudon December 5, 2009 at 12:48 am Reply
  6. Who is this guy and who cares what he thinks?

Dave Percak January 24, 2010 at 3:31 pm Reply
    • Lighten up man, it’s all in good fun.

BJ Sbarra January 25, 2010 at 2:07 am Reply
  7. Hehe, Dave, I guarantee that Kalous has climbed a bunch of chit that you can’t even dream of getting up. Not that that is the be all end all, but the man has done 5.14 and hard aid, so he knows what he’s talking about more than your average climber (aka, you…)

JJ February 4, 2010 at 10:03 pm Reply
  8. Pingback: The Dangers of Daisy Chains : Splitter Choss

9. Pingback: The Only Rule: Don’t Be An @$$hole : Splitter Choss

10. Pingback: Episode 4: BJ Sbarra (and Thunderpup) is here to inspire you. | The Enormocast